Fall is full of flavors in our home, most of them orange and pumpkin-y in character; so, it’s only a matter of time before something predictably spicy accompanies that seasonal delight. My lovely friend, who shares my affinity for all things autumn and edible, first introduced me to these little bites of goodness and I have made them and subsequently devoured them, more times then I care to admit to since that day. They are soft , fluffy, cakey in texture and delightfully spicy- making them a dangerously delicious combination in the holiday cookie department. You’ve been warned-now grab your apron, channel Martha, and lets bake!
~Pumpkin Spiced Cookies~
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter softened
1 ½ cups of canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
4tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
~Cinnamon Nutmeg Cream Cheese Frosting~
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup butter softened
¼ cup vegetable shortening
8 oz. of cream cheese at room temperature
3 tsp pure vanilla
¼ tsp nutmeg
- In stand mixer, with whisk attachment, cream the butter, shortening, cream cheese, vanilla until fluffy and blended
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg
- Gradually incorporate the powder sugar until everything is blended, smooth, and fluffy
- In stand mixer, with paddle attachment, combine sugar and butter until creamed and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin, mix thoroughly
- Sift flour, powder, salt and pumpkin spices together and fold into wet batter
- Mix on low speed until well blended
- Pipe batter into equal portions or drop cookie dollops onto the baking sheet (I like to use parchment paper or a silpat mat to prevent sticking and help with an even bake)
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12minutes
- Remove cookies from pan to cooling rack
- Once completely cooled, frost tops liberally by either piping the buttercream onto the cookies or slathering them generously with a spatula. They taste scrumptious regardless~trust me!
4 thoughts on “Recipe || Pumpkin Spiced Cookies”
Pumpkin Cookies are my favorite seasonal cookie. These look so good.
Oh mine too! I️ hope you try them and find them as delightful as we do!
Loved your recipe
Glad to hear I️t! My husband request I️t frequently and uses any event as an excuse for me to whip up a batch!
LikeLiked by 1 person